The development of sugar bush production required a whole variety of characterization and evaluation in order to achieve optimal result in respect of sustainable management.
The sample intensity is decisive. In fact, in our opinion, the forest inventories must be random and systematic with a plot sampling (11,28 m radius) to obtain significant results. Soil composition and moisture (drainage class) are also key elements to consider. Finally, a soil chemical analysis can establish the possible deficiencies and help define a fertilization program to increase the sugar bush productivity.
We offer the following services:
- FSC forest certification;
- Tree health statement;
- Tap and potential tap inventory;
- Sugar bush market value appraisal;
- Commission de la protection du territoire agricole du Québec (CPTAQ) requests;
- Fertilization program;
- Sugar bush plan for quota increase.